Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Prosciutto Mozzarella and Truffle Panini

I watch a snippet on a late night food and travel show on CNN  and I am hooked. The picture of this chef feasting on this particular tapas has me intrigued, has me salivating, has me craving for that sandwich that very instant. So when morning comes I know what I need to do.

Thin slices of white bread are trimmed of their crusts and then spread with truffle paste. Prosciutto slices are draped over the truffle paste. fresh mozzarella slices are next. The top layer of bread is buttered sparingly. The sandwich is then grilled till golden on both sides. 

The restaurant calls this tapa The Bikini. I call it a two bite wonder.


PROSCIUTTO MOZZARELLA AND TRUFFLE PANINI

Serves  2-4


10 thin White Bread slices

Truffle Paste

10 Prosciutto Slices

10 slices of Fresh Mozzarella

Butter


Trim the crusts of the bread.

Spread a generous layer of truffle paste on 5 slices.

Top the 5 slices with prosciutto.

Lay fresh mozzarella slices over prosciutto. 

Cover cheese with bread slices. 

Butter the top slices. 

Heat a flat griddle. 

Place the panini with the buttered slices down on the griddle.

Allow bread to turn golden brown. 

Lightly butter the exposed slices. 

Flip them over and cook till brown. 

Cut panini and serve then warm. 




My television dream comes true...the Bikini is quite a revelation. Melty, gooey, salty and a punch of truffle.


No comments:

Post a Comment