Friday, June 16, 2023

Charred Snap Peas


After many debacles in the kitchen I decide to end the week with something I cannot screw up. Do not ask me about the disasters. Too many to expound! So a plate of charred veggies, something I can make in my sleep should end that streak....I hope!

Farm stand velvet green sugar snap peas should stand up to a steadfast char. Sauteed with garlic chips, Biber chili flakes and sesame seeds, peas will.....must taste good? Yes they do. Relief ensues..... 


CHARRED SNAP PEAS

Serves 2


2 cups Sugar Snap Peas

1 tablespoon Olive Oil

3-4 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced

Kosher Salt 

Ground Black Pepper

Chili Powder, coarsely ground ( I used Turkish Biber Chili Powder)

Sesame Seeds, lightly toasted


Trim, wash and pat dry snap peas.

Heat oil in a saucepan. 

Add garlic slices. Allow garlic to color slightly.

Throw in peas and saute over high heat till peas have some burnt surfaces. Stir often. Garlic will turn crisp as you saute. 

Season with salt and pepper. 

Spoon onto a plate or bowl. 

Sprinkle chili powder and sesame seeds over peas.

Serve hot. 




Simple flavors. Easy prep. So delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment