Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tilapia with Lemon and Capers




Once again fish Fridays come around. Lenten fridays call for a pescatarian diet. Fish fillets are easiest to cook. They can be curried, grilled or pan fried, all very delectable especially if they are the fat used is butter!

I borrow from the classic sole meuniere, fillets lightly fried in lots of butter, lemon and capers. I'm not so keen on copious quantities of butter so my recipe will include butter in pats not sticks. Forgive me if I sacrifice a degree of flavor! My cholesterol thanks me.


TILAPIA WITH LEMON AND CAPERS
Serves 4



4-6 Tilapia filets

2 tablespoons Flour
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
3 tablespoons Butter
2 Lemons, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons Capers
2-3 tablespoons minced Parsley


Pat fish dry.

Season with salt and pepper on both sides.

Dust filets lightly in flour.

Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick saucepan. Let butter foam and turn light brown.












Place fish in butter and fry till browned on both sides. You might have to do this in two batches.





Once the fish is all fried, return fish to the saucepan.

Add remaining butter to the pan, along with lemon zest, juice, capers and parsley. Stir gently. Gently because you might break the fish as I did. 





Serve piping hot.


Each mouthful is a delight. Abstaining from meat opens up a path to wellness in more ways than I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment